Friday, April 3, 2020

Spam comments

Fans/followers of The Cranky Linguist:

In the last few days I noticed that I had a huge number of spam comments (penis enlargement, herbal sexual enhancement, etc.) on some fairly recent posts.  I managed (I think) to delete them all. Also, I think I managed to keep most of the earlier legitimate comments, but if one of yours was deleted, my apologies.

For a time while I was doing this, I turned off commenting.  Commenting is back on now, but I have it set to "always moderate."  Hopefully this will keep the crazy crap off the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback are welcome, as long as they conform to normal standards of civility and decency. I will delete comments that do not meet these standards.

Word of the day

I know I'll get pummeled for this, but: I keep seeing children in Gaza being pulled, some dead, some alive, out of rubble created by bom...